Friday, January 9, 2009

Almost done in Madrid!

Today, we took another bus trip, this time to Toledo, which is located roughly 50 miles outside of Madrid. Toledo is also known as “La cuidad de tres culturas,” or “the city of three cultures.” The three cultures referred to are actually religions: Christianity, Islam and Judaism. This is why the phrase “Holy Toledo!” exists, also. It is a very old, beautiful and interesting city.





We visited a chapel, a castle and a synagogue. All were awesome, with beautiful architecture as usual.






When we stepped outside, we were all astonished by the incredible view. I swear, Toledo is the reason for the word "picturesque." It's so hard to capture the beauty of the old city with just a camera. You really need to see it with your own eyes. But here I will try to let you understand what I saw:

And then we came back and ate lunch and the coffee I got afterward was so tiny!


After lunch, we returned to the hotel and lots of people went to sleep (the jet lag is still going strong for some!), but I didn't. Oh, did I show you my view from the hotel yet?




Tomorrow is our last trip in Madrid, then on Sunday we head to Oviedo to meet our families! School already starts next Monday. This is flying by already! More tomorrow.

Buenos dias,
Carlene

1 comment: