Friday, January 23, 2009

Starting to Feel Like Home...

So, I´ve been in Oviedo for a little over two weeks now and it´s really starting to feel comfortable. I love the city, I like my classes and I love my host family. Everything is finally falling into place. That said, I need to make the most of this because these next 4 months will fly by for sure!

I finally got some pictures of Oviedo! Here you are:



We call it the Space Ship mall! Apparently, the architect is very famous and has constructed some buildings in the U.S.! I´ll find out the name soon. It looks so cool though!



This is the Parque de San Francisco, which is a huge, beautiful park right in the middle of Oviedo. It´s also only a 5-minute walk from my house, which is cool. All of the streets surrounding it are huge commercial areas.



This is what most of the streets look like! Everyone walks their dogs, too (and a LOT of people have dogs!) so this picture in itself is a good representation of Oviedo.



This fountain is right next to our campus....Oviedo also has a lot of fountains. So many that at first I thought I kept walking in circles because I kept seeing them, but then I realized that I kept coming across different fountains.



This was taken from the steps of the building where I have one of my classes. The sky was beautiful that night! It´s a very pretty campus.


Other than walking around Oviedo while trying not to get lost, it´s definitely been a great experience here. My classes are good, but having 5 classes in Spanish is definitely a change. I´ll talk more about them another time, though. Right now I have to go to class.

But I start my column for the Temple News next week! It´s called Relocated Reporting and it´s about my experience in Spain. My first story will be published Tuesday, Jan. 27 so make sure to go on www.temple-news.com and check it out!

Hasta luego!
Carlene

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures look amazing. I wasn't sorry about not studying abroad until just now. I'm glad you're having a great time Car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'space ship mall' looks like a Frank Gehry design.

    ReplyDelete